Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Problems in Mayberry

We have been out of touch electronically for the past 5 days. Tell you what, the country is beautiful, the people fantastic, going back to Mayberry.....a wake up call.
We  had a nice, peaceful and sometimes boring 4 days waiting for our parts to arrive.  Yesterday afternoon when we decided to go for a dinghy ride on one last neck of the Corrattoman river I noticed my hair was flying in my right eye. Wait, no, its not a hair, oh oh, what in the heck is that, it looks like a monkey on a rope swinging across my vision!!!
Ok calm down Jann.
Go where every crazy person goes THE WEB!!
My first thought was retinal detatchment.  ( I have very funky eye problems and a rich family history to back them up)  Looking it up, yes, a retinal tear could be what I was experiencing and with my symptoms and history  I  need to see an eye doctor NOW.
Ok, breathe, no eye doctors (or towns for that matter) in sight.
Hyperventilating, no breathe!!
Decided to wait for morning hoping it would go away and knowing that I couldn't do much overnight anyway.  So wake up 7:00, yes the monkey is still there.
Ok. One hour at a time.
Long story short.......called Urbanna Marina....raced across the Rappahonnack  with $$$ signs flashing before my eyes (along with the monkey _we haven't run that fast ever! Got picked up by our ride to the nearest eye doctor ( probably 5 miles from where we were anchored in the morning but inaccessable by boat) waited 2 hours for the diagnosis....no retinal tear but a new eye floater to deal with. The doctor even said, "Yes, I think I see your monkey". Then he proceeded to say "don't let down your guard....a retinal tear can happen at any time with your background", oy vey now the monkey is on my back too!!
Then, we got back to the boat, we met up with Joe and Roxanne our friends on another Trawler, and low and behold Gary has picked up another urinary tract infection.  Thankfully an angel came to his rescue and  hopefully we can nip it in the bud, we are going to have to get stock in Ocean Spray cranberry juice though.
So, once again, all is well.  We made it through 2 crisis today and tomorrow will be a new day, a new adventure, and possibly a new problem or two.  I feel my backbone getting stronger as we speak
.....well it sounded good didn' it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!