Monday, January 20, 2014

On the hard...January 2014

I sure wish I had a Genie up my sleeve...
We decided that it was a good time to spruce up the galley while we are 'on the hard'...sailor speak for shored up on land...it's time to attend to a few cosmetic issues.  We saw an older boat in Tampa where they had painted problem areas (in our case those would be water damaged teak veneer and about 7 screw holes in the walls for each of the previous 5 owners), it had the additional plus of brightening things up a bit (lots of wood on this old boat) so we decided it was the way to go.  Gary is doing his usual fabulous job and has spent hours sanding and painting  and varnishing and I am doing an equally fabulous job of finding more things to varnish.  

Galley with lots of wood


and a new look............









A new way to wash dishes...

F.Y.I.....the head does not function on land...so all is not as it appears.
This is what is called "living outside the box".. (or as Gary likes to remind me, it's part of the adventure) hmmmmm??
 
Makeshift galley...Nuke Zone


We even have a 2 level galley now
Lower level ....crockpot and toaster territory
This is the "serve yourself" zone


Nasty old helm....
miracles do happen.
.........

I've been waiting for this for 3 years!  Hip, hip, hooray!

This part is getting pretty old though...talk about camping......
I am gaining ground day by day on learning how to go with the flow......


What about Bob? He doesn't know what to make of this.  The other day we caught him under the table in a basket in the sun with a "this isn't what I signed up for" look on his face!  

It'll be ok Bob!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great to know you're adjusting so well to shore life. I'm adjusting as well, "It is What It Is!"
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!