Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas from Tie A Knot






Gary and I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
2014 has been another incredible year for us, from the bitter cold of Michigan in January (reminding us why we chose to move to Florida 17 years ago, OMG has it really been that long?)  to another summer cruise to the Chesapeake Bay it was a year that unfortunately flew by.  We met many new friends and re-connected with friends from our previous trips and from our home town, Algonac, (wishing we could make those moments last a lot longer than they did)  We also lost Gary's father, who I still feel I am writing this blog for, he was my BIGGEST fan, checking every day for my sporadic posts!  

We are now in Punta Gorda Florida, (chosen because of the central location between Tampa, Naples and my parents in North Port), where I have once again been caught up in the whirlwind of land life, if not actually "on shore" close enough,  as we are tied up to a very sturdy concrete dock and we have a vehicle which is getting a lot of use. Our son, Cory, is getting married in Naples on Dec. 31st and we will spend Christmas in Tampa at our son Kent's with the our kids and grand kids. 

Gary has been busy veneering, sanding and varnishing the helm and cabinets in the galley and I have been doing my usual frantic shopping and making Christmas gifts.  Tis' the Season....for CRAZY!

We are really enjoying Punta Gorda, the town is fabulous for walking and biking.  I'll do another post after the holidays on the highlights.

For now I just wanted to let you all know we are alive, well and BUSY bees! We hope you enjoy the holiday season as much as we plan to!!

Tie a Knot decorated quite decently, I thought,  until
'Scarry Grizzly' really put on a light show!!


               Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!