Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What A Life

My cousin, Lori, commented on my last blog "what a life"....and don't we know it.  I remind myself every single day how blessed we are in the journey we have chosen in life.  It may not always be easy, or as we were told "everyone would be doing it", there might be a bit of drama at times (of course I am referring to moi'), a lot of mutual frustration from living in such a small space, but are we better for it??   Yes, I believe so.

Case in point....this photo that I took last night as the sun did it's daily farewell.  Not doctored or anything (like I'd know how to do that anyway....photo shop....wouldn't know where to begin).... Just a perfect photo of an extraordinary part of our everyday life.  I think I should get a recording of 'Taps' so I can play it at sunset.  It brought tears to my eyes when the boater played his trumpet in Marathon at sunset.  One of those 'aaahh' moments of life.




Lordy....what's this?  The pack is starting to catch up with us.  All those cruisers heading south.  It will be interesting to see how many boats we end up with on October 31st anchored at Cumberland Island.  We have been in this Bull Creek anchorage just north of Savannah three times and this is the first time we haven't been alone! We know from Elaine and Lawrence on Elle and I that there is quite a large fleet on its way south, north of us.  We are in the first wave, I think, because November 1st seems to be the first Florida entry date with the 15th and the 30th of November bringing up the rear. 
                         


Another first....we actually sat down and did some planning!!  Computer, charts the whole shebang!  Of course we were only planning for tomorrow.  It seems like overkill for a day, we'll let you know if it worked.

                                      

And for my stock market tip of the month....by  Reynolds stock.  You may get rich while we go broke!!!  That's the way we roll.






1 comment:

  1. Had to share your amazing sunset photo on facebook! You need to write a book!
    (Pic only none of your blog) :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!