Sunday, April 28, 2013

Busy, Busy, Bees

Early morning reflection on C Dock


Whoa, that last post was a grammatical nightmare, sorry about that.  Sometimes I check, sometimes I am just so anxious to fill you in I don't. (hee,hee)
Still no decision on the generator, except we have to have one that is operational.  Our choices are: a new manifold for our 28 year old generator $$$, a 'get by' decision with a portable generator $$$, or a new marine generator $$$$$$. If only we were psychic....and could know the decision we make is the right one!!  I  bet everyone would like that ability, put me at the top of the list.
Anyway.....we have a line on a new one, will hear on Tuesday and then decide.  If we do go new, we will be here longer than planned....that is why making plans is NOT a good idea when one is on a boat!

Gary did install our new gas range (since RV models cost less than half than the "marine" version that is what we purchased.  Our version of smart spending. I haven't baked in it yet but the burners are the bomb!  It has been a long time since I cooked on gas....love it.


I spent the last few days recovering the nasty buffalo check cushions in the dinette.  Got the sewing machine out and put the pedal to the metal.  Ran out of fabric but Sue is going to pick it up for me in Melbourne on her lunch hour, while I go to the paint stores for her!  A winning situation for me that is for sure. 


I also made some curtains...




Last week I had the find of the year...an Engel refrigerator -freezer.  It is a 12 volt unit that is all the rage among cruisers.  You can use it as an additional frig., or as a freezer, We have been spending $2. a day on bags of ice that are extremely hard to get when you are cruising and stopping for ice every day is not an option. Last time out we taxed our refrigerator beyond its limits with "liquid" refreshments and I have been looking for a used Engel for over a year. 
The other day I went on Craig's list .....and it was my lucky day.  Someone in Satellite Beach (20 minutes from here) had listed one that morning. Ten months old and used for only 3 of those 10 months on a trip to the Bahamas.  It was almost half off of what you can buy it for online.  You'd better believe I speed dialed him and we picked it up an hour later.  SCORE!





Friday we were treated to lunch with long time friends from Algonac, Andy & Barb Manzi.  They live in Titusville now, about 30 minutes from the marina.


Saturday we went on a day trip into the Atlantic with Sue and John on their tug with friends from their dock at the marina.

The 'John William'  John & Sue's Lord Nelson Tug




John driving the boat with his remote control....I kid you not!  I told Gary, no we are not getting one of those.  It was pretty cool though.  He also has a "joystick"  



Cruise ships getting ready to depart at Port Canaveral...




Entertainment at the lock...it was quite amusing watching them try to raft each other  .

Synopsis??  We are busy, very.  last week we attended two dock pot lucks and a dinner at the marina restaurant to listen to a little music , a 'docktail' party on the boat next to us, lunch with the Manzis' and a day trip on John & Sue's boat. It was a great .

More entertainment for us in a week than in years!!  A great bunch of people here...kind of like a floating campground, without the bonfires!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!