Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Victory & Nose Issues

Things are moving right along.  We have begun 3 projects and finished one.  YES!!

 Gary did a great job on making the screen frame for the port lights and now we are protected on all openings except for the starboard cabin door.  They didn't have the velcro I need to finish the job in Merritt Island and they were out of the thinner Gary needs for the dink at Home Depot so we went to Titusville.  Visited Andy and Barb Manzi and got not only the thinner, but the velcro at Wal Mart....a home run trip!!  Next week we should have the paint for the dink...it's all prepped....and I have to finish the screen for the door.  Then................

Yes, you guessed, the super stink job.  I think I may just have a nervous breakdown in advance.  We got the new sanitation hose today and it smells like well, tires.  Gary knows I have a supersonic nose and he brought it to my attention in advance...so,  I may have to suck it up and use my ear plugs in my nose forever (they provide a tight fit).

The fun never ends around here.  We have decided that retirement is a hard row to hoe and why we ever thought it would be easy we don't know!  BUT....rocking gently to sleep and being provided a new challenge every day does have its benefits.  You can say "aah" at the end of the day....and just 2 days of watching the morning news reminds us that we are two of the luckiest people on the planet to be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!