Friday, August 26, 2011

Butterflies & Flowers....

Their is a very large field on the marina property with a herd of Pygmy Goats, that belong to the owner of the marina.  Today I timed it right and got some pictures of them close to the fence as you can see they were quite curious.



We decided to broaden our horizons and take a walk down the country road beyond the marina.  You never know what you will find.  I might have chanced offering an apple if I would have had one.  Horses have a way of always looking so wise don't they?




Then I happened upon the reminder I needed.  Meredith knows this one.  "Butterflies & flowers", said over and over while raising your arms like wings. The calming mantra I will be using frequently I think.



Still a little time left for some fun and games.  The park and playground were deserted which gave us a chance to act like kids and lighten up a little.




So the morning gave us a break from preparing for Irene....and she is now a comin'.  It started to sprinkle around noon and as we know this will be an on and off thing as she gets closer.  We are still slated to be on the fringe at this time, to think that at the beginning of the week we wished we had stayed in the Norfolk area. I guess our angels ARE looking out for us, anywhere above here is NOT THE PLACE TO BE.
There are now a total of 5 boats here with people staying aboard.  The marina plans to be open as usual tomorrow even with high winds predicted and they are leaving the main building open for us tonight in case we need to get in.  So for now....all is fine.  I doubt any of us will sleep much but boy will we have stories to tell.
Our forward cabin is now our garage, Gary even took off the outer wing doors. Our deck furniture is tied to the back deck, and all the cushions and isinglass panels are on these bunks.


I think maybe I should send this into Budweiser!!  Filling the gaps in our 'very loose' cabin doors to keep them from rattling with the winds and leaking with the blowing rain, recycling at its finest.


So if Irene is saying: "Ready or not, hear I come"......WE are ready!!   Butterflies & Flowers :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!