Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting & Pacing

Hurricane planning is a waiting game that is for sure.  Every Irene's landfall changes and with the weather issues and earthquakes I think old Mother Nature is on a rampage.  Since we were originally going to head for Charleston, then Irene was slated to come in there, then I thought maybe we should run back to Virginia and now guess where she is headed.  I am the worrier and Gary is the reality checker. So I will be content in hoping that we are in a good spot and that  she won't  pull a fast one on us.  I am taking Dorian's advice and pushing her out into the Atlantic with big meditative breaths  (I know, like THAT'S going to work!)  

Life goes on as usual here, no one seems to be unduly concerned yet. Then again, they haven't had a big storm here in many years.  So I take their complacence with a grain of salt.  Gary has his battle plan ready but hasn't started to apply it yet.  A few people have been in here today checking their lines and getting the boats ready.  

                                                         Rascal............ the marina mascot 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!